Last updated: 24th May 2023
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the App, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy.
1. Information We Collect and Why
1.1 Personal Data
When you create an account and use the Dreamseer App, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Identity Data: This includes your first name, last name, username or similar identifier. We use this to manage your account and provide services to you.
- Contact Data: This includes your email address. We use this to communicate with you, provide customer support, and send you notifications related to your account.
- Content Data: This includes the text from your online dream journal entries, group discussions, and any other content you submit through the App. We use this data for the provision of the service, including the analysis of your dreams, emotion extraction, and delivering personalized recommendations. We do not disclose the content of your dreams to other users without your explicit consent.
- Activity Data: This includes your interactions with the “Dreamverse”, points or badges you earn, challenges you complete, and other related information. We use this data to manage the gamification elements of the App and promote user engagement.
- Device and Usage Data: This includes information about your device, your App usage, and sleep data provided by integrated wearable devices. We use this data to improve and personalize the App, provide technical support, and to ensure the App is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data) unless you choose to share this in your dream journal or other content. We will treat all such data as sensitive and apply additional security measures to protect it.
1.2 Non-Personal Data
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
2. Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have rights regarding your personal data, including:
- The right to be informed about how your personal data is being used.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data.
- The right to request the erasure of your personal data.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages.
- The right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to object to certain processing based on legitimate interest.
- The right to complain to your country’s data protection regulator.
Please contact us if you want to exercise these rights.
3. How We Protect Your Data
We have implemented appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
4. Sharing Your Data
We will not share your personal data with third parties for their marketing purposes. We only share your data as necessary to provide the App services, comply with the law, or with your explicit permission. We may share your data with third-party service providers who provide services on our behalf, such as hosting services and data analysis. All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data in line with our policies.
5. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes to our information practices. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy on this page with a new effective date.